So anyway I wanted to make an outfit for a new little baby girl and was looking through all my back issues of Otto. I already had the fabric picked out, just needed something soft and easy to put on and off to make with it.
I decided to make no 2 - "Lelle" leggings and no 3 - "Elly" raglan-sleeve blouse. I had never made a top with neck-binding or with shirring. The shirring ended up being super super easy and I'm kicking myself that I haven't tried it before. I really love how it turned out. The neck-binding was OK too...still need to perfect it a little more but I was reasonably happy for a first try. On the little leggings I decided to add a frill....I wish I'd gathered a little more than I did and next time I will.
What I'm really happy with is the top stitching, I really love this and I love how it worked on the hems of the top. This this stitch is going to become a bit of a fave.
Anyway the outfit was received very well and everyone at the party couldn't believe I'd made it...people who don't sew think that sewers are amazingly clever....if only they knew!! And it still wasn't perfect. I need to make another outfit for another new born baby girl, so I think I'll duplicate and hopefully it works out even better.